Over the past several months, I’ve connected with dozens of experienced professionals who are confused, distressed, exhausted and burnt out.
“I’m finding it difficult to focus through the thick smog of burnout.”
“The real issue for me [in my current role] is the lack of appreciation.”
“I have given a lot of myself to this organization and this movement. Probably too much.”
Many are in the process of reconsidering their current career:
“I’ve been in my role for 3 years and I’m not sure it’s what I want to do.”
“I’m a different person than I was before the pandemic. I’m not sure where to go now.”
If these experiences resonate with you, you’re not alone. Millions of people are rethinking their relationship to work and their career goals – right at this very moment.
You may be on the threshold of a big change. Which is exciting! And, let’s be honest…terrifying. There are a lot of barriers to asking for help when you’re at the start of a career transition – or even just contemplating one. For me, the biggest obstacle was simply admitting that I wanted to change careers.
When I found myself on the threshold of a career change, several recurring thoughts kept me up at night:
- I’m betraying people who trust me.
- I’m abandoning a cause I used to love.
- I’m a failure, a flake, an amateur.
- I’ll have to start all over again…at the bottom.
- What if I’m wrong and end up more miserable than I am now?
In many ways – it felt safer to just stay put, on the edge of change, living in a swirl of emotion and repetitive thoughts.
An old boyfriend of mine once said, “Kate, there are exactly two ways to get into a pool.” I immediately understood what he meant. No matter how you get in the pool, it takes courage. So maybe, like me, you are standing on the edge of change, wondering if it’s worth it to take that the ladder or just cannonball.
My “Design a Career You Love” program is built on two things:
- My breathtaking familiarity with the fear of change; and
- My absolute confidence that with the right support, my clients can let go of work they’ve grown to hate so they can begin to thrive in careers they LOVE.
Here’s what waits for you on the other side:
- You wake up every day knowing your work is making a difference in your industry, community, the world.
- As you grab your coffee, you feel energized thinking about the people you get to work with – motivated and passionate people who care about getting things done.
- As you brush your teeth, you scroll through Slack and notice a group thread celebrating the achievement of a recent goal – in fact, YOU are recognized and appreciated for your contribution.
- As you sit down to begin working, you consider the challenges ahead and feel curious, engaged, confident and at ease.
- After lunch, you’re still flowing with creativity and generating impact for your stakeholders, customers, clients or community.
- When you shut down work for the day, you consider the week ahead, full of things you like doing outside of work, knowing you have the flexibility to be more than a fulfilled professional.
Are you ready to design a career you truly love?
Book a free discovery session here.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
“Your newsletters are inspirational and informational. This last one struck a nerve for me! I really like how you shared your action steps for how to make your process work for you.”
Jana Paradiso, Client
If you’re ready to find out how to thrive at work, sign up below.
You’ll receive articles about building a thriving career without starting over.